Account Executive 2
Hosts Destination Services a Destination Management Company “DMC” seeks dynamic & hard-working sales professional to sell special events, transportation management services, tour & evening activity programs to meeting and incentive management companies and in-coming corporate & association conventions of 100 – 20,000 attendees. The ideal candidate will have integrity and a passion for the industry and will conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism. The ability to attract and secure business, develop relationships and new business opportunities that provide results are mandatory
Summary of essential job functions
- Prospecting new clients and pioneering new business relationships
- Soliciting and qualifying potential business opportunities appropriately through appointments, phone calls, industry meetings and networking engagements
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving sales goals as set by the Unit Leader – especially managing personal time and productivity
- Uncovering targeted business prospects through current company clients, effective cold calling, personal lists and contacts and industry peers
- Managing in-coming sales inquiries from qualification through contract
- Account management of existing relationships with third party meeting & incentive management companies and hotels
- Identifying and developing additional sales opportunities with existing relationships
- Acting as ambassador for Hosts through active participation in professional industry organizations and the hospitality community
- Maintaining on-going knowledge of your specific destination
Internal Office Responsibilities
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with staff to ensure effective information sharing and efficient operations within the office.
- Follow company policies and procedures to complete paperwork and ensure adequate controls within the sales department. Maintain timely, accurate, and well-documented information in each assigned program file.
- Consult with and maintain a professional rapport with operations managers. Invite operations managers on client site inspections when appropriate.
- Understand and enforce all Hosts policies and procedures within the office, especially those related to prudent financial management.
- Understand Hosts’ philosophy and embrace inter-departmental cross-training and support opportunities.
- Perform any and all other managerial and administrative duties deemed appropriate by Hosts’ corporate management to promote the success of Hosts.
- 3-5 years of sales experience in DMC, Special Events, Hotel or Hospitality related industries and an established base of contacts
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism, hospitality, event management or equivalent work experience
- CMP or DMCP certification preferred
- Demonstrated talent for developing strong relationships
- A solid understanding of corporate and association meetings is essential
- Hands-on experience producing special events, managing transportation and tour programs is a plus
- Confident presentation and written skills
- Financial acumen and understanding of pricing models and GPM
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple clients and projects
- Organized, detail-oriented and an ability to multi-task
- Creative thinker, successful troubleshooter
- Project manager with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Capacity to work within tight timeframes
- An eagerness to stay in tune with what’s new and changing in the city
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with a sense of humor and enthusiasm
- Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism.
The job requires flexibility and willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends when necessary. The job also requires the ability to events as necessary which last between 1-3 days. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.