Creative Services Manager
Hosts Destinations Services a Destination Management Company “DMC” seeks a dynamic, creative and hard working Product Development professional. The ideal candidate should have integrity, a passion for the industry and a talent for developing extraordinary products and special events.
Summary of essential job functions
- Creating, maintaining, & updating all tariff documents
- Assisting with any & all special products related to preferred status, awards, and admissions
- Coordinating and executing responses to sales leads and RFPs
- Researching, profiling, and participating in the development of proposal strategies, proposal and budget management
- Preparing and assembling materials for proposals & client presentations
- Following up with sales team on status of pending proposals
- Supporting the maintenance of sales and marketing database
- Identifying and building relationships with suppliers as well as management of vendor data base
- Tracking proposals written per month and sending quarterly updates on performance; proposals to contract ratio or business development activities
- Participating in the development of, and taking responsibility for maintaining sales & marketing resource materials
- Ensuring that office sales & marketing materials are consistent with companywide branding efforts
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in DMC, Third Party, Hotel or Hospitality related industries and an established base of contacts
- Bachelors degree in tourism, hospitality, event management or equivalent work experience
- CMP or DMCP certification recommended
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Innovative thinking and a creative flare
- Confident presentation and written skills
- Financial acumen and understanding of pricing models and GPM
- Capacity to work within tight timeframes
- An eagerness to stay in tune with what’s new, and changing trends
- Active participation within industry organizations and enjoyment of networking;
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with a sense of humor and enthusiasm
- Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism.
- Flexibility and willingness to work evenings and weekends when necessary
The job requires the ability events as necessary which last between 1-3 days. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.