Finance Manager / Analyst
Hosts Destinations Services, a global Destination Management Company “DMC” operating in over 300 locations around the world, seeks a dynamic and hardworking professional to be responsible for the financial management and analysis of our Global Alliance. Our Global Alliance consists of 50+ members. This position will be tasked with accounting and finance functions related to the overall budget management of both the Alliance and the billings and reconciliation of our DMC Members, implementing procedures to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Position works closely with ARC, our parent holding company, financial services department.
Summary of essential job functions
- Manage and track marketing budget for Global Alliance, including reconciling with ARC Finance department monthly
- Manage monthly, quarterly and year end closing, reporting and accruals
- Strategic analysis and financial performance reporting for Alliance and companywide sales and marketing efforts
- Manage billings and collections
- Coordinate with ARC Services to streamline payments
- Compile and maintain data for accurate reporting
- Assist in budget preparation, proposals, audits and financial projections
- Multi-currency management
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel). The ability to create dynamic pivot tables for budget management is key.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, task and goal oriented
- Detail oriented and organized
- Understands and enforces all company policies, procedures, and philosophy
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently
- Support key projects and new initiatives as required by business unit
- Accounting degree preferred
- Previous experience in the DMC/Hospitality industry preferred
- Strong Computer Skills
- Knowledge in Salesforce, Great Plains and Microsoft Applications preferred
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to handle financial detail with a high degree of accuracy and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Knowledge of finance, account, budgeting and cost control principles
- Professional phone / email skills
- Communicate proactively, clearly and appropriately to clients and Hosts team members, and vendors, keeping accurate records. Collaboration is critical to success.
- Support the team and assume additional responsibilities as needed or defined by management.
- Work with a sense of humor, flexibility, and passion.
- Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism
The job is a management level position and requires the ability to work independently. The person in this position will need to have the ability to use critical thinking skills as needed to determine ideas that improve the process and procedures in place. Being a team player is essential since occasionally tasks will be assigned that are outside the normal duties of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.