Global Sales Coordinator
HOSTS GLOBAL is a consortium of Destination Management Companies worldwide. We are an international marketing company and resource for Association, Corporate and Incentive meeting planners. Candidate should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The primary focus of the Global Sales Coordinator is to contribute to the overall success of the Global Alliance through positive participation and support to the entire team and customers while networking and learning to further develop skills within the hospitality industry.
The goal of this position is to find a team member who can join Hosts as a coordinator, learn the business and with the goal of growing with the company if desired. Looking for individual with strong customer service and organizational skills.
Summary of essential job functions
General Office Administration
- Detail oriented
- Database management, mailings, lead tracking, sales support
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work both independently and as a team
- Daily follow up with Clients and Members on outstanding programs
- Collect and close out all programs for sales, including collecting final invoices from Members
- All issues relative to effective information sharing
- Field phone calls when executives are not available
- Understand and enforce all company policies, procedures, and philosophy
- Assist Global Alliance with support of the sales team, including but not limited to:
- Presentations and Invitations; Data Collection from Members, logistics support to planning of Alliance events, etc.
- Perform any and all other administrative duties deemed appropriate to promote the success of Hosts
- Participate in weekly sales meetings
- College degree preferred
- 2 years in the DMC/Hospitality industry
- Strong Computer Skills
- Proficient knowledge in Salesforce or other CRM tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications with advanced skills in PowerPoint & Excel
- Marketing skills preferred
- Professional phone skills
- Communicate proactively, clearly and appropriately to clients and Hosts team members, and vendors, keeping accurate records.
- Support the team and assume additional responsibilities as needed or defined by management.
- Work with a sense of humor, flexibility, and passion.
- Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism
The job requires the ability to travel throughout the year and to work events and trade shows as necessary which last between 1-5 days. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.