Hosts DC a Destination Management Company “DMC” seeks a Program Coordinator for its Operations department. This role will be responsible for a variety of administrative and program management tasks. The Program Coordinator will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties; becoming knowledgeable in each area of service through pre-planning assistance, ownership of designated projects and onsite support.
The Program Coordinator will support the Operations Department to facilitate effective management of programs; contributing to the overall success of Hosts through positive participation and support to the team, and customers, while networking and learning to further develop skills within the hospitality industry.
Summary of essential job functions
Program / Operational assistance:
- Assist with the development and implementation of high-quality programs, services, and activities that meet Hosts standards.
- Supplier engagement, contracting and program-related logistics
- Transportation management for programs – includes manifest manipulation, booking vehicles, directional maps/assistance and general support.
- Onsite support for programs – includes shadowing key leads, debriefing part-time staff onsite, confirming logistics and general program assistance.
- Pre-planning and execution for client-related meetings and site inspections
- Proposal software management and content updates
- Prepare client documentation for contracted services and program elements
- General office and supply management
- Hospitality industry engagement through networking and relationship building
- Maintain supplier resources and paperwork
- Organize part-time staff schedules and manage additional resource allocation as needed for programs, office activities and external events.
- Manage human resources paperwork, on-boarding of part-time staff and scheduling system
- Record and report Program/Office expenses across departments
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient · Computer literacy with an advanced command of MS Office
- Actively participate in optimizing your own success and the success of Hosts and its team through sharing of ideas, offering candid suggestions and improvements, and demonstrating enthusiasm and eagerness.
- Communicate proactively, clearly and appropriately to clients and Hosts team members, and suppliers, keeping accurate records.
- Support the team and assume additional responsibilities as needed or defined by management.
- Work with a sense of humor, flexibility, and passion.
- Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism
The job requires the ability to work events as necessary which last between 1-3 days. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.