Senior Account Executive
Hosts Destination Services a Destination Management Company “DMC” seeks dynamic & hard-working sales professional to sell special events, transportation management services, tour & evening activity programs to meeting and incentive management companies and in-coming corporate & association conventions of 100 – 20,000 attendees. The ideal candidate will have integrity and a passion for the industry and will conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism. The ability to attract and secure business, develop relationships and new business opportunities that provide results are mandatory
Summary of essential job functions
- Ability and experience in developing overarching sales strategy and process
- Responsible for understanding core platforms of business operations (proposal writing and product development software, CRM platform, internal standard operating procedures, et al.) to properly develop and measure effectiveness of sales strategy
- Ability to analyze and qualify business opportunities through appointments, phone calls, industry meetings and networking engagements
- Analyze market segments (third party, association, corporate direct, etc.) and establish focused sales targets
- Prospect new clients and pioneer new business relationships specific to destination
- Manage, oversight and direct communication/delineation on in-coming sales inquiries from qualification through contract
- Account management of existing relationships with third party meeting & incentive management companies and hotels
- Identify and develop additional sales opportunities with existing relationships specific to destination
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving sales goal as set by the unit leader
- Understanding of DMC value and services and ability to effectively present these to clients and strategic partners
- Acting as ambassador for Hosts through active participation in professional industry organizations and the hospitality community
- Maintaining on-going knowledge of your specific destination
Internal office responsibilities
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with staff to ensure effective information sharing and efficient operations within the office
- Keep continued open communication with fellow sales team members regarding sales strategy and targeted accounts
- Detailed communication with creative services team to ensure seamless proposal production that addresses all client needs
- Follow company policies and procedures to complete paperwork and ensure adequate controls within the sales department. Maintain timely, accurate, and well-documented information in each assigned program file.
- Consult with and maintain a professional rapport with operations managers. Invite operations managers on client site inspections when appropriate.
- Understand and enforce all Hosts policies and procedures within the office, especially those related to prudent financial management.
- Understand Hosts’ philosophy and embrace inter-departmental cross-training and support opportunities.
- Perform any and all other managerial and administrative duties deemed appropriate by Hosts’ corporate management to promote the success of Hosts.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of sales experience in DMC, Third Party, Hotel or Hospitality related industries and an established base of contacts
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism, hospitality, event management or equivalent work experience
- CMP or DMCP certification preferred
- Active participation in professional industry organizations and the local hospitality community is preferred
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Innovative thinking and a creative flare
- Strong presentation and written skills
- Financial acumen and understanding of pricing models and GPM
- Ability to manage staff, multiple clients and projects
- Capacity to work within tight timeframes
- An eagerness to stay in tune with what’s new and changing
- Active participation within industry organizations and enjoyment of networking;
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with a sense of humor and enthusiasm
- Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends when necessary
The job requires travel approximately 2-3 times during the year depending on client base. The job also requires the ability to work trade shows as necessary which last between 1-3 days. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.