Located at Europe’s most western edge, Portugal is just a short transatlantic flight away from most of North America. The beautiful Mediterranean climate, 300+ days of sunshine a year and 530 miles of splendid beaches along the Atlantic Ocean make Portugal a perfect events destination for all seasons. A stunning backdrop for incentives, conferences, product launches and other group programs, Portugal invites guests with its diverse landscapes, leisure activities, unique cultural heritage, famed gastronomy, wine and genuine hospitality.
Portugal has an undeniable cache of culture, history and gastronomy, plus a wide selection of hotels and venues ranging from historic to modern. Explore all the site options, including Lisbon, the Lisbon coast, the Algarve, Madeira, and Oporto. Besides its inherent beauty, this vibrant European destination delivers exceptional value and is amazingly cost effective.
- Coveted Location: An affordable European destination with a coastline along the Atlantic Ocean, Portugal is just a short transatlantic flight away from most of North America.
- Diverse Cultural Cache: Discover cities filled with historic neighbourhoods and cobblestone streets lined with tiled façades. In between, you’ll find surprising works of modern architecture and urban art, offering a diverse and creative cultural agenda.
- Outdoor Adventures: Long recognized by UNESCO, the Natural Parks and Reserves, Geoparks and Biosphere Reserves have made Portugal a destination loved by adventurers. Guests can indulge in hiking or biking lush nature trails, bird watching or – for a more extreme experience – go canyoning.
- Religious Pilgrimages: The Portuguese Road to Santiago, the Paths of Fátima and the Jewish Quarters’ Tour are increasingly sought out by those who want to travel with a purpose, while focusing on knowledge, nature and culture. The Shrine of Fátima, one of the world’s most famous religious pilgrimage sites, attracts thousands of worldwide visitors every year.
- Surf: Portugal is home to some of the best waves in Europe. There are perfect tubular waves in Peniche, giant waves in Nazaré, and the longest in Europe in Figueira da Foz. Ericeira, meanwhile, was the 1st Surfing Reserve in Europe and placed 2nd at the international level.
- Golf: With the sea and beautiful unspoilt areas as their backdrop, Portugal golf courses are some of Europe’s most reknown. Portugal has consecutively won The World Golf award for best golf destination in Europe and the world. Many golf courses have been designed by renowned architects like Robert Trent Jones, Sir Henry Cotton, Arnold Palmer, among others.
- World Heritage: Brimming with cultural landscapes, historic centers, outstanding monuments, plus monasteries and convents of historic and artistic importance, it’s no wonder that Portugal is home to 22 UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Gastronomy and Wines: Portugal’s location along the Atlantic Ocean has influenced its famous seafood cuisine. Port wine has been a part of Portugal’s culinary history for decades and is now accompanied by other Portuguese products, like the pastel de nata (custard tart) and conventual confectionery. With a collection of talented chefs throughout the country, they have a total of 32 Michelin stars.
- The People: Here’s what your guests will notice right away: Our heartfelt hospitality and warmth that will make everyone feel at home. We’re known around the world as easy-going, welcoming, and friendly, always available to help if we are stopped on the street and asked for information. We can’t wait to welcome you to our country!
About Portugal Travel Team
We’re your Portuguese partner who knows all things Portugal, including its people, its culture, and its history. With offices in Lisbon and the Algarve, we have been working with meeting and event planners since 1996. We provide exclusive, tailormade trips throughout Portugal, whether for conferences, incentive programs or business meetings.
Whatever the event, location or occasion, we can provide our clients with a unique program to suit every need. Plus, we are a fully licensed, bonded company in line with Portuguese law and the European Directives, giving clients the peace of mind and financial security they require.