Hosts Global Expands Presence at IMEX America, Credits Record Breaking Year to Value of Company Education
Hosts Global (Hosts), a strategic partner for meeting and event planners worldwide, expands its presence at IMEX America and holds a pre-show members meeting in Las Vegas to recognize company-wide success. Hosts chief executive officer, Jennifer Patino, DMCP, addressed the 50+ member attendees and business leaders on Monday, October 9th at the Mirage Hotel Las Vegas congratulating them on the incredible company progress from IMEX America 2016 to 2017. Patino credited Hosts’ continued focus on education and best practices as the basis for the global alliance’s shared success and acknowledged the resulting industry honors bestowed on the organization.
“Since IMEX America 2016 our business has been growing exponentially,” said Patino. “From strategic team growth to expanded business opportunities, our company honors are made possible by continued focus on industry best practices.” In December 2016, the company held its first Hosts Global Best Practices meeting. This members-only conference focused on educational sessions and harnessing the power of bringing together the best-of-the-best in the DMC industry to share knowledge and establish processes that not only elevate Hosts’ business operations, but also positively impact industry and clients. Outcomes included:
- Streamlined processes across business teams including owners, sales, operations and creative services
- Collaboration with the Hosts DMC Board of Advisors and Client Advisory Board to establish client-driven education opportunities for Hosts membership
- Expanded business development teams throughout Europe
- The addition of three new international destinations (Romania, Australia and New Zealand)
- Strategic business development and marketing growth
- Leading involvement in industry efforts surrounding Emergency Preparedness planning. Marty MacKay, DMCP, president of Hosts Global Alliance and president-elect for the Association of Destination Management Executives International (ADMEI) continues this effort with the newly established ADMEI Emergency Preparedness Certificate Program.
- Increased industry involvement and service on industry boards including SITE, ADMEI, NACE, ILEA, and HSMAI to deliver greater value for clients, suppliers and industry colleagues.
Hosts’ efforts to continuously strengthen team performance did not go un-noticed. Highlights from industry honors over the past year include:
- 10 ADMEI awards
- Two BI WORLDWIDE Inspirational Partner awards
- Recognized as the Experient Supplier of the Year
- Recognized as the Maritz Travel Supplier of the Year
- Named in Top 25 DMCs Worldwide by Special Events Magazine
- Named in 25 Most Influential People in the Meetings Industry by Successful Meetings Magazine
- Named in Top Women in the Meetings Industry by Meetings & Conventions Magazine
“It’s an honor to work for a company that continuously strives to put forth the best products and services while empowering their teams to grow professionally and personally,” said Gabrielle Spanton, executive vice president of business development for Hosts Global Alliance. “It has been an incredible year and I am proud to have joined the global alliance at such a pivotal time.”
Associate Director of Marketing