Hosts Global is a strategic partner for meeting and event planners worldwide. We help visionary planners deliver meaningful, memorable, and motivating group experiences in over 250 destinations around the globe. Across our destinations, Hosts’ DMCs are known as the local expert, weaving ferocious creativity and intention into every moment, from event design and production to team building programs and everything in-between. For more information about Hosts Global solutions, visit Hosts-Global.com.
Hiring full time positions in Southern California, Austin and Dallas.
Hosts Global is seeking a Creative Strategy & Event Design Manager to join our dynamic and growing team. In this role, you will be contributing new and fresh ideas, enhancing guest experiences, and elevating the creative process to exceed the expectations of the initial client brief and position Hosts Global as the ferociously creative leader in the destination management industry.
We’re looking for…
- Passionate designer
- Charismatic storyteller
- Dream weaver
- Engaged listener
- Confident communicator
- Clever contributor
- Competitive collaborator
- Like pushing the creative envelope to over-deliver on client expectations and program objectives?
- Enjoy participating in the creative brainstorming process?
- Feel passionate about pushing creative ideas using the latest interactive technologies and software?
- Like to be the first one to know about a new restaurant or venue?
- Feel like you are always on the hunt for the coolest new solution or experience?
- Adapt well in a fast-paced environment?
- Have high emotional intelligence and the ability to maintain a sense of humor while you work under tight timelines or things are turned upside down?
- Demonstrate confidence in communicating and connecting with clients?
- Get a charge from finding a great new supplier partner?
- Effectively prioritize, organize, and time-manage within large volumes of projects?
- Feel comfortable and willing to take on a broad range of tasks outside of your role to do whatever it takes to deliver on quick deadlines?
What do we need?
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with destination management, agency, graphic design, corporate event design, catering, production, or related discipline
- Experience infusing creative touches to go the extra mile
- Participate in presentations, pitches and client meetings, inspiring confidence in your creative ideas and ability to deliver on them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop proposal from concept to client delivery
- A strong portfolio that is reflective of your creative experience and style
- Outside the box thinking that pushes the creative boundaries
What are the essential tasks?
- Develop a deep understanding of our brand and how to convey our voice and personality throughout pitches and proposals
- Find the fun in solving design and experience challenges of all sizes that address project goals & requirements
- Contribute to an innovative and creative environment
- Collaborate with sales to deliver on overall client objectives with the goal of winning
- Clearly communicate the reasoning behind design choices in a storytelling fashion
- Ensure successful delivery of concepts, free of errors and inconsistencies
- Contribute to various levels of pitch decks
- Maintain and regularly update vast supplier and resource library for all services
- Utilize and drive pricing strategies to deliver competitive pricing while maintaining creative edge
- Bring passion to in-person pitches with compelling concepts and engaging style
- Understand competitive landscape and pricing models
- Liaise with operation teams to ensure supplier service levels are met / exceeded
What’s going to put you above the rest?
- Agency experience
- Destination management company experience
- Extensive and trusted supplier relationships
- Love of the game
- Expert level skill in Canva, Adobe Creative suites, Social Tables & Microsoft Offices
- Exceptional conceptual and design skills and a robust portfolio that shows your talent in creative design
- Proficiency in creatively enhancing programs with variety of standard services, including transportation, staffing, tours and dine arounds
- Must work well under pressure, exercising good judgment as well as good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated track record of leading a team of designers with the ability to clearly communicate design direction and deliver on deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Visual Communications, Fine Arts or Design
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
**Hosts Global requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted) for Covid-19 for the protection of our clients and employees.