Hosts Global is seeking an Operations Manager to join our dynamic and growing team. In this role, you will be collaborating with the entire team to bring guest experiences to life. You will have direct contact with innovative clients, extensive suppliers, staff and creative resources, and will serve as the quarterback of the planning effort. You will lead the process from contract through execution to position Hosts Global as the ferociously creative and logistical leader in the destination management industry.
We’re looking for…
- Logistics evangelist
- Solution wizard
- Relationship dynamo
- Spreadsheet samurai
- Financial ninja
- Anchor of reality with respect for the dream
- Goosebump chasers
- Always want to know who, what, where, when…and mostly WHY?
- Read the last page of the book before starting it?
- Dive in to a spreadsheet like you’re solving the Sunday crossword?
- Get excited about untangling complex challenges – and present solutions like magic?
- Know how to manage your time when everything feels like a priority?
- Embrace the virtue of patience and a great sense of humor?
- Look for ways to do it better?
What do you need?
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with destination management, agency, corporate event design, catering, production, or related discipline
- Hands on experience operating and planning corporate events and managing transportation and tour programs
- Creative thinker and successful troubleshooter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn and roll up your sleeves to get started
What are the essential tasks:
- Dive deep to understand the full objectives of the overall program and what success looks like to the client
- Assume full responsibility for managing all aspects of each destination program. Ground transportation services, manifests, staffing, logistics, special events, design, tours, food and beverage, etc.
- Develop a solid rapport and relationships with key suppliers and invest in growing these relationships and building new
- Effectively manage program budgets and clearly communicate about critical and potential impacts
- Develop compelling and detailed program overviews and staffing instructions for successful and easy to understand program execution
- Actively engage and contribute to client-facing experiences from site visit to program operation and post-con
- Manage financial analysis and accounting processes associated with billing, payroll and reconciliation
- Understand competitive landscape and pricing models
What’s going to put you above the rest?
- Logistical passion
- Destination management company experience
- Extensive and trusted supplier relationships
- Drive to do “that one extra thing” to enhance an experience
- Strong sense of the power of collaboration
- Love of the game
- 3-5 years of corporate event operational experience
- Established base of destination supplier relationships
- Expert level skill in Excel
- Proficiency in creatively operating programs with variety of standard services, including transportation, staffing, tours and dine arounds
- Must work well under pressure, exercising good judgment as well as good interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Communications or Business
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
**Hosts Global requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted) for Covid-19 for the protection of our clients and employees.