Are you gearing up for IMEX America, the premier event for meeting planners, DMCs, and hoteliers? This year, the stakes are higher than ever, and proper preparation is key to making the most of your time at the show. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a first-time attendee, discover the top 7 before you go must-do’s. Hosts Global VP of Global Sales & Alliance Engagement, Robert Lee, recommends the following to guarantee a successful IMEX experience:
- Book Meetings in Advance: Time at IMEX America is precious, so plan your schedule meticulously. Book meetings with key contacts well in advance to ensure you don’t miss out on crucial opportunities. Remember, others will be busy too.
- Check What’s On: IMEX isn’t just about the show floor. Explore the educational sessions, gatherings and events happening both on and off-site. Make sure to include these in your schedule to maximize your networking opportunities.
- Don’t Overfill Your Schedule: Avoid back-to-back meetings all day. Own your calendar and leave some flexibility for unexpected opportunities and get-togethers. Consider keeping the first hour of your day free to get acclimated. Block off time for breakfast, lunch, stretch breaks, and to use the restroom.
- Get to Know the Show Floor: The layout can be overwhelming, so take a moment to familiarize yourself with it. Identify key zones, such as hotels and event tech, to streamline your visits.
- Book Adjacent Meetings: Save time and energy by scheduling back-to-back meetings with exhibitors situated close to each other. This minimizes unnecessary traversing of the show floor.
- Connect Beforehand: Start networking online before the event begins. Engaging with fellow attendees in advance can lead to more meaningful conversations and opportunities.
- Pack Your Business Cards: Whether physical or digital, make sure you have your business cards ready. Don’t forget any other materials you might need for productive interactions.
Here’s to a great time at IMEX America 2023! We hope to meet you there in person—#LETUSBEYOURHOSTS – stop by our booth #e2222 to discover more about our amazing destinations worldwide.