Hosts Destination Services a Destination Management Company “DMC” seeks a hard-working self-starter to play a key role in supporting the Sales team. This team member will have a hand in the day-to-day activities of the office as well as creative projects to support our sales process with our clients and prospects. This position will contribute to the success of the Hosts DC team while further developing skills within the hospitality and event planning industry.
Summary of essential job functions
- Client database management, lead tracking, sales support
- Research prospective client companies to add value to the proposal process
- Generate sales reports and materials for weekly sales meetings
- Strengthen the client proposal process by establishing a strong working relationship with the Creative team to include: updating and tracking proposal deadlines and coordinating needs across departments
- Plan and schedule client site visit details and appointments for Sales Team
- Maintain on-going knowledge of Washington DC and what it offers to our clients
- Develop and execute effective and creative client gifts.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude is a must.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work both independently and as a team.
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Event or Hospitality Experient is preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Communicate proactively, clearly and appropriately to clients and Hosts team members.
- Actively participate in optimizing your own success and the success of Hosts and its team through sharing of ideas, offering candid suggestions and improvements, and demonstrating enthusiasm and passion.
- Support the team and assume additional responsibilities as needed or defined by the leadership team.
- Work with a sense of humor, flexibility, and passion.
- Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism.